zhongliang zhang wrote:
> thanks a lot.
> In fact,I want just one group's user named Administrators can get access to
> the administrative page,which can do some privileged operation.The common
> users can get access to the common user page,they have limited privileged
> operation.
> So,should I configure numbers of  <security-constraint> elements in my
> web.xml?

Yes.

> But the application allows creating new group,how do I solve this problem?

What problem? You need to say what the problem is if we are going to be
able to help.

> In the former situation,I got a login form and a filter to do this, now,I
> think I do not need an login form,

It isn't clear to what form situation you are referring. If you use DIGEST
authentication you do not need a login form.

does the filter still can work for the role-check? Or is there any
mechanism just needs configuration,not coding?

Neither do you need a filter. Tomcat will do all this for you with a
correctly configured web.xml

Mark