> Your test JSP works fine for me with Apache httpd 2.2.6 and mod_jk
> 1.2.25 on Solaris. Since your jk log file ends very early in the request
> processing, the tomcat version should not matter (I used 5.5).
>
> I would guess, that something with your build is broken. It would also
> help, if we could see your mod_jk config (you posted parts of it, but it
> looks like things are missing).

The apache mod_jk configuration is this one. Would you need the
workers.properties?

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so

<IfModule mod_jk.c>
    JkWorkersFile /etc/httpd/conf.d/workers.properties
    JkLogFile /var/log/httpd/mod_jk.log
    JkLogLevel debug
    JkOptions     +ForwardKeySize
    JkMount /app/* ajp13
    JkMount /app ajp13
</IfModule>

These are the exact steps I have taken to build mod_jk:
./configure --enable-debug --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs
make clean
make

and then as root
make install

> Does the segmentation fault produce a core dump?
> If no, start Apache httpd as a non-root user (and use ports above 1024)
> and maybe set CoreDumpDirectory. Then it should produce a core, whenever
> a segmentation fault appears in the log file.
>
> A core can then be inspected with gdb. Using gdb you can issue the
> command "bt" for backtrace. This will show us, in which mod_jk function
> the crash occured.

I managed to produce a core, but it does not look like there are
 any debugging info available. When I run the bt command
(using gdb -c /path/to_core), have the following:

Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
Core was generated by `/usr/sbin/httpd'.
#0  0x0068dbf2 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0068dbf2 in ?? ()
#1  0x08506478 in ?? ()
#2  0x0068fb6a in ?? ()
#3  0xbfc5b04c in ?? ()
#4  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Would that mean the problem is not in mod_jk, or would that mean
I did not compile mod_jk in debug mode?

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,

Nicolas