The startup.bat is trying to run "-Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false" instead of java. You probably badly configured an environnement variable. The command to run java is builded partly in classpath.bat on tomcat 5 (probably same in tomcat4). Maybe you just have forgotten to properly define "CATALINA_HOME" environment variable.

En l'instant précis du 12/11/07 06:38, Hamid Rahman Mohmand s'exprimait en ces termes:
I get an error message after I run "startup.bat" file in the \bin directory
the error says "The system cannot find the file -
Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false"

--
http://www.devlog.be (a belgian developer's logs)