Hi Peter,

when you're using Apache HTTP in front to serve static content and Tomcat is
serving JSP / Servlets only, using the APR won't give you any advantage
(AFAIC).

However, some ppl are using Tomcat only (running on port 80 / 443 with f.e.
JSVC): Then, according to my brain-cells, the APR will increase performance
serving the static content.

The APR actually is also used by Apache HTTPD - meaning you'll get the same
performance serving static content via Tomcat only using the APR as compared
to a Apache HTTP-in-front / Tomcat-combination.

Cheers

Gregor
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2