Rocco Scappatura wrote:
Hello.

I would like to publish a Web application running under Tomcat.

I'm using Apache 2 as Web server.

Basically, I have two opportunities:

1) mod_jk
2) mod_proxy

I've tried the first. So I discover that I ve:

- Create an alias in httpd.conf so that al static pages are processed
directly by Apache2.
- Use JkMount directive so that path is mapped to worker (and so to Tomcat)

I don't know I have well understod the concept, but I have noted that
application doesn't work correcltly. For example, assuming that the path
of the application is '/path'. When I accesst to http://<hostname>/path
all works fine. But if I access to http://<hostname>/path/subpath I get
Visualizzation errors (It seems tome that it misses CSS.. and so on).

I read that it is possible to use mod proxy.

Now, I would like to know from mailing list if mod_proxy is the best
choice or otherwise if I have to solve problem similiar to the one I ve
pointed out above, and to use mod_jk.

Your problem sounds like a simple config issue, but since you didn't show us your config, who knows ...

mod_proxy_* vs. mod_jk: mod_proxy_* comes automatically with httpd and is more tightly integrated into it, mod_jk is still more powerful especially concerning complex instance topologies. So your decision might depend on how complex you expect your final setup to be.

Thanks,

rocsca

Regards,

Rainer