Niki Diulgerov wrote:
Hello there,
I was wonder if someone succeeded to implement this?
I can find many HOWTOs in internet describing how to setup IIS 4,5,6 + tomcat but all are about IIS and tomcat running on the same machine.
Any link or advice will be appreciated.

Havin the web server and Tomcat on different machines is no more difficult, than on the same machine. The only difference is, that the worker definition in workers.properties will contain a real host name instead of localhost in the worker definition.

Of course trying to run IIS on Linux or AIX doesn't make sense, because it's a Microsoft product only available for Windows.

You can either use Apache httpd or Sun web server on a non Windows platform, or stick with IIS on Windows and nevertheless run Tomcat on a totally different platform.

Regards,

Rainerv