Hello,

We have a web application ("app") running on Tomcat 5.5.9 deployed on the default tomcat webapp directory ([TOMCAT_HOME]/webapps). This application has a "context.xml" file which defines access to static external resources (image files, video files, etc.) this way:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context docBase="/app/resources" path="/contents" >
  <Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext" />
</Context>

These file can be accessed correctly. For example with the following URL http://localhost:8080/contents/image.gif the image located in /app/resources/image.gif. is shown.

We are upgrading Tomcat version from 5.5.9 to 5.5.25, and with the new version, it is impossible to access the external files with the context.xml definition it used to work in Tomcat 5.5.9.

What has been changed from version 5.5.9 and which is the way to access external static resources from a webapp in Tomcat 5.5.25?

Thanks in advance,

--
Félix Pedrera