> Such a proxy configuration may require manipulation of the
> HTML links.

Why? I think that this is not feasible!

> Are the links being created dynamically or are they  hard coded with
css/style.css instead of  /app/css/style.css and so on.

Sorry I have no path in style.css..

I wanna show with a practical example..

Every static page is filtered (through a servlet filter) and is added an
header and a navigation menu.

The header contains also the:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/app/css/style.css" type="text/css">

where 'app' is extracted as the context of the application directly by the
filter.

The problem is that once the index.html il loaded correctly, the same in
not for the stylesheet. That's because the index.html contains the link
/app/css/style.css, but the browser try to get that object relative to the
URL that appears in the address bar (ie: http://www.example.com/).

How I have to do so that app does'n create absolute paths relative to the
context of the application running under Tomcat?

This problems is a clear example of how mod_proxy_* is unusable when
application to be proxed contains lynks create dynamically? Or is there
any workaround?

rocsca