> From: Thomas Okken [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: DataSource created but not initialized => Cannot
> create JDBCdriver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
>
> There is a warning about the docBase attribute (strange; I
> copied that text verbatim from the Tomcat FAQ); if I remove
> that attribute, the warning goes away, but the DataSource
> remains uninitialized.

The FAQ is out of date for 5.5 and later levels.

You should also remove the path attribute, since it's illegal when the
<Context> element is not in server.xml (and such elements should never
be in server.xml).

The docBase attribute is illegal unless the app is located somewhere
outside of the <Host>'s appBase directory.

However, neither of the above is causing your DB connection problem.

Have you checked permissions on the mysql-connector-java-5.1.5-bin.jar
to make sure Tomcat can read it?

Does that jar (or any MySQL jar) also exist in the webapp's WEB-INF/lib
directory?  If so, remove it; it shouldn't be in two places at once.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.