Hello,

ho did you create your ldap object (not ldap/ox) ? For ox to be pool,
the ldap object must be a pool, that return a new object each time a
child object is requested. envCtx.lookup("ldap/ox") actually request
object "ox" from object "ldap". It "ldap" is not a pool, it will return
a single object, always the same.

En l'instant précis du 12/12/07 16:32, Sebastian Gerdes s'exprimait en
ces termes:
> Hello,
>
> in my context.xml/server.xml I setup a JDNI resource which I access via:
>
> Context newCtx = new InitialContext();
> Context envCtx = (Context) newCtx.lookup("java:comp/env");
> DirContext ctx = (DirContext) envCtx.lookup("ldap/ox");
>
> I use this context and then I close it via ctx.close().
>
> The next time I want to access my LDAP I do a lookup again the
> DirContext object is the same (i.e.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED], so it is one out of a
> pool I guess). But the context cannot be used.
>
> But when I do _not_ close() the context, I can use it several times,
> until i am inactive for about 5 minutes. Then it seems it get closed
> automatically and is not reusable anymore.
>
> (Using com.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.pool="true" did not work and "true" did
> not work either.)
>
> If I hardcode my connection settings in my java class, everything works
> fine. Every time I use the LDAP I do setup a new environment and I get a
> new connection.
>
> My problem only occurs when I use the resource via lookup from tomcat.
>
> Anybody knows why? Atleast how do reuse the context or disable the
> pooling?
>
> Thank you for an answer in advance
>
> Kind regards,
> Sebastian