Providing a separate form to choose layout would be far easier to do and
maintain.

Login form should contains only login informations (cf J2EE specs). If
you want to play with customization of login form that go beyong what is
allowed  by j2EE security model, just forget container managed
authentification and provide your own one.
En l'instant précis du 13/12/07 14:06, dirk ooms s'exprimait en ces termes:

http://www.devlog.be (a belgian developer's logs)