Hi,

Try to set java_home in /etc/profile.d/java.sh.

----- Original Message ----
From: Markus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, 26 December 2007 10:17:38
Subject: Tomcat not working with new Java

I have Tomcat 5.5 on a Fedora 5 machine. I recently changed the jvm from gcj to
sun's 1.4.2_16.
Now when I try to start tomcat I get the following message:
"Starting tomcat5: /usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find
jdbc-stdext Java extension for this JVM
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find jndi Java extension for
this JVM
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Some detected jars were not found for
this jvm
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find jaas Java extension for
this JVM
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Some detected jars were not found for
this jvm"
The config file for tomcat has been update and the JVM itself works fine.
Anyone know why this is happening?
Thanks in advance.