Use an apache http proxy that does *.mydomain2.com to http://internaltomcat/appX proxying and *.mydomain3.com to http://internaltomcat/appY then. Tomcat in itself has no such rules support i know of.

Note that you are not forced to use the ROOT for defualtHost :)

Ishtiaq Ahmed a écrit :
Good Day David,

Its nice to see your reply. I tried the ROOT folder for all unconfigured domain names but developers are not satisfied with the settings. I need to redirect *.mydomain2.com's traffic to that specific context of $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/APPx. As the same server would be serving for *.mydomain3.com's requests in future too.

Looking Forward for resolution from you...

Regards,

Ishtiaq Ahmed

david delbecq wrote:
Ishtiaq Ahmed a écrit :
Hi,
Now we want it But when we tried it for *.mydomain2.com (Notice that * )
if I go like under, it doesn't work. Kindly shed some light into it.

<Host name="*.mydomain2.com"

     appBase="/usr/local/tomcat6/webapps/APPx"
     unpackWARs="true"
     autoDeploy="true"
     xmlValidation="false"
     xmlNamespaceAware="false">
      <Context path="" docBase="/usr/local/tomcat6/webapps/APPx"
     debug="0" reloadable="false"/>

</Host>

I hope you understand my problem its about * (Subdomains) to be routed to different context path.

Simply put, you can't. If you want to redirect users of unconfigured domains to a specific webapp, use the defaultHost attribute of the Engine context. The name attribute of the Host context is "Network name of this virtual host, as registered in your Domain Name Service server.", as mentionned in docs. If you want more complex rules, you might need to configure an appache httpd front-end that does the dispatching.
Regards,

Ishtiaq Ahmed