Hi,

I am using Tomcat 5.5.23 and I have a webapp which uses a library (more
specifically, Oracle's JDBC) that loads a native library on my system (
libocijdbc10.so ).
Whenever I redeploy my webapp into tomcat, I get the exception
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError, since the native library was already loaded
before by another class loader. By what I understand, tomcat uses a
different class loader for each webapp (including new versions of existing
ones). Is there anyway to force tomcat to use the same class loader for all
webapps (or for new versions of existing ones) ?

The details of the exception:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library
/usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0.3/client/lib/libocijdbc10.so already loaded in
another classloader
        java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1716)
        java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676)
        java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
        java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:993)
        oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection$1.run(T2CConnection.java:3135)

Thanks

--
Filipe David Manana,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Obvious facts are like secrets to those not trained to see them.