Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 6:30 PM
Subject: RE: Why use a Web Server over Tomcat?

Alan and Johnny,
I agree with Alan. I'm using the same scheme to save passwords in database,
and SSL too.
But, Johnny's answer help me understand some things.
Johnny, when you say:
So in those organization Tomcat is probably behind the second internal
firewall
for staff to use as well.
What do you mean? If you have a Tomcat inside a DMZ, usually we have one
firewall, that separates internet from intranet, i.e., the firewall filters
requests that comes from de outside. Isn't that?

Thanks,
Regards,
Bárbara Vieira