I need to start database before any servlet gets first request. So
immediately after server start, initialize embedded database and make it
ready for incomming first requests, of course, in a separate thread.

The same goes not termination time. I need to have control passed
immediately after all working servelts destroyed so that I can terminate
database system NORMALLY! Currently it dies suddenly with Tomcat and every
new starts starts with emergency recovery! Smooth normal shutdown is
preferred.

Regards.