Hi and thanks for the fast reply but my version of ps
Don't have the x flag, any other way ?

-----Original Message-----
From: David Delbecq [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 2:22 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: getting SEVERE: Catalina.stop: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused error

ps -aex | grep tomcat | grep java

first part limit to tomcat processes, second part strip non java
processes that are related to tomcat (like the grep tomcat of previous
line ;)
If you need more explicit selection, include the home directory of
tomcat in the grep calls. Here we use, as part of our stop/wait 2
minutes/kill script, the following expression:

**kill -9  `ps -aex | grep tomcat | grep intranet | awk '{print $1}'`**

(tomcat being run inside a folder named intranet)

En l'instant précis du 30/01/08 12:37, Meir Yanovich s'exprimait en ces
termes:

http://www.devlog.be (a belgian developer's logs)