apache httpd server is not related to tomcat. It's a "classical" web server (http://httpd.apache.org/). Tomcat is a java application server. If you are under linux, there most probably an already existing package for this. If you are under windows, you can simply have your tomcat listen to port 80.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :
Thanks a lot for such a fast answer but actually I'm a newbie and really
don't know how to do what you proposed.

How can I find out if I have an Apache HTTPD server??? Or if it listens to
port 80???

The folders under my Tomcat goes like this (very simlilar to the one in
SUSE):

+ Tomcat
        + bin
        + common
        + conf
                · web.xml
                · server.xml
        + logs
+ server + shared
        + webapps
                + myapp
                        · index.htm (here is another redirect to the login
page)
                + ROOT
                        · index.htm (this one has the redirect I mentioned
in the first mail)
        + work

This is all local, and I don't think I have anything else installed.

Do I require more software in order to solve this problem???

Thanks again,
        Federico.