[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :
I m trying to setup tomcat as below. The host blocks have ips in them.
I have a proxy configured in front of the tomcat with an external ip
which receives all the request for the sites from the external world
and contacts the tomcat (with different hosts configured). The problem
is with </Host> Host name=10.7.0.81, 10.7.0.82 & 10.7.0.83 which are
accesed via connector 8080 by the proxy server. When I use the
http://x.x.x.x (external-ip), it works just fine and all three sites
related to the three hostname above open but when I try accessing the
sites via the dns name instead of the ips, all sites are defaulted to
the defaulthost. Please suggest.
Which is correct behaviour, since you didn't configure any host that match hosts used by browser. The hosts that tomcat uses have little to do with dns, and tomcat will not attempt to make any dns resolution. It will just match the <Connector> to the port/network interface used for the contact, and inside that connector look for a <host> that matches the browser send "host" HTTP 1/1 header. If you want several host names to serve the same thing, use the aliases inside host. See Alias section on http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/host.html