Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Kimberly Begley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: where to put config file in a webapp

Currently it is in WEB-INF

Normally, such a properties or config file would be placed in
WEB-INF/classes, and accessed via ServletContext.getResourceAsStream().

If using ServletContext.getResourceAsStream(), the file can be anywhere in the webapp. If using Class.getResourceAsStream(), then it has to be in WEB-INF/classes or in a jar in WEB-INF/lib.

I read online that I could put the entry in the web.xml file?

See section 4 of the Servlet Spec, in particular the
ServletContext.getInitParameter() API, then look at the Tomcat doc for
where to set them:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html#Context%20Pa
rameters

 - Chuck