I'll give you a hint ... case matters. Take a really close look at what you've setup in your web.xml and what you've named your servlet. extenXLSTestbed != ExtenXLSTestbed.

--David

Lizard Lizard wrote:
Greetings!

I am trying to setup/configure Tomcat 6.0 under Vista. I am mostly
following the examples in the Eclipse Cookbook.

Tomcat is running; I get the appropriate startup page when I go to
localhost:8080

However, I cannot get my first example to work properly. Here's all of
the relevant data:

This is the directory structure:

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
6.0\webapps\VARiskWork\WEB-INF
In "classes", I have a folder called ExtenXLSTestbed. In that is a
file called ServletClass.class.
The class is in package ExtenXLSTestbed.

Here is my web.xml file, which is located in C:\Program Files\Apache
Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\VARiskWork\WEB-INF:

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, INc.//DTD Web
Application 2.3//EN"

"http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>
<web-app>
        <display-name>Example Application</display-name>
        <servlet>
                <servlet-name>Servlet</servlet-name>
                <servlet-class>extenXLSTestbed.ServletClass</servlet-class>
        </servlet>
        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>Servlet</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>/ServletClass</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

What am I missing? I'm sure it's painfully obvious, but I've wasted 2
hours now staring at "Resource not found" and looking for typos/case
sensitivity issues.

I have tried several variants on the URL, including
http://localhost:8080/VARiskWork/extenXLSTestbed.ServletClass
and
http://localhost:8080/VARiskWork/ServletClass
and
http://localhost:8080/ServletClass

all produce 'resource not found' errors.

Thanks in advance for any help.