The short of the issue is it's not the OP's fault -- 'tis a bug in the ROOT webapp as provided by Tomcat. I see Mark has fixed in the trunk and it should be in the next release. Thank you Mark!

--David

Felix Schumacher wrote:
Am Montag, den 14.04.2008, 23:16 +0530 schrieb karthikn:
Hi

 >> ROOT_orig? What happens if you reference what you actually named it as?

Ok Am sorry ...(
I rename the  ROOT as  ROOT_orig  and NOT  'ROOTORIG'

but still the Browser status is " HTTP Status 404 - /ROOT_orig/manager/html"
Are you sure, that manager is in ROOT? The normal manager application
has its own context. You will have to find that and rename it. But I am
not sure, that you can rename it to ROOT_orig/manager.

Bye Felix
Why ?

with regards
Karthik

From: karthikn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: "ROOT" as 'ROOTORIG'

On Renaming the "ROOT"  as 'ROOTORIG' ,
got Http 404  error for the Manager or  admin set of pages

  HTTP Status 404 - /ROOT_orig/manager/html
If you renamed ROOT to ROOTORIG, why did you try to reference it as
ROOT_orig?  What happens if you reference what you actually named it as?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.