Andre Hübner wrote:
Hi List,

i use tomcat 5.5.26 on Suse Linux 10.1
Tomcat is installed in /usr/share/tomcat5 Newly created webapps are created in /usr/share/tomcat5/webapps

Now i want to change this Path for new uploaded webapps. I could make symlink to folder i want but i think there must be a cleaner way. I read of parameter workDir in a tutorial but cannot find this in admin-application. Is this changeable for user over admin/manager or an other conf-setting?
Please give me a little hint.

Thank you
Andre

If you are doing this on a singular webapp basis, you could set the docBase of your webapp's <Context ...> element. If you'd like all webapp's for a host to be stored in a different place, you could set the appBase attribute of the respective <Host ... > element in server.xml.

--David