Seems to me the simplest is the c:import tag and fetch the file via http -- just my two cents. You know more about your architecture and what's available than any of us.

--David

henry human wrote:
Once again because there was a mistake in the first
email :
 i am about to read from a JSP the data at a
 remote computer. At remote computer is tomcat
running. the files are stored in remote computer at d:\archive\files The port 80 is also accessible. Please tell me, what should be configured in tomcat to be able to access the files
 ?
I am thankful for any hint

David Smith
Network Operations Supervisor