> From: Niki Diulgerov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Tomcat 5.5.26+sun jdk1.5.0.15 linux for 64 bit
> architecture problems
>
> CATALINA_OPTS="-Dlogs.root=/opt/logs -Dwas.install.root=/opt"

Those system properties are not used by Tomcat; are they for a webapp
you've deployed?

> JAVA_HOME=/jdk1.5.0_15/jre

Your JAVA_HOME setting is wrong - it should be just /jdk1.5.0_15
(although that's an unusual place to install the JDK - it's typically in
something like /usr/local/jdk<version>).

Are you sure you're using the desired JDK?  Have you set the PATH
properly?  What does "java -version" display?

> Are these examples supposed to work with 5.5 tomcat and the
> version of sun java which I'm using?

Yes.

> Is this connected with the x64 architecture which I have.

Probably not, if the JDK is properly installed.

> Can it be something with the fact that on the java sun build
> which I downloaded it is written amd64 and my CPU is Intel?

No, the AMD64 architecture is what market pressure forced Intel to
implement for its EM64T chips (now known as Intel 64, just to provoke
confusion with the despised IA-64).  It's also known as x86-64, which is
what AMD originally called it.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.