From: "Christian Poecher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:37 PM
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: [programmazione] Servlet Caching

Hi there,

I am currently investigating a problem with our web app (Tomcat 5.5.23,
Java
1.5, JSF 1.2) where the servlet cache does not always get updated when a
JSF
include is changed. This happend after changing an included JSF. The
JSF-snippet that includes is:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] file="/pages/inc/head.inc"%>
<f:view>
[...]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] file="/pages/inc/bbs_header.inc"%>
<h:form>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] file="/pages/inc/menu.inc"%>
[...]

The JSPServlet config in web.xml:
   <servlet>
       <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
       <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
       <init-param>
           <param-name>fork</param-name>
           <param-value>false</param-value>
       </init-param>
       <init-param>
           <param-name>xpoweredBy</param-name>
           <param-value>false</param-value>
       </init-param>
       <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
   </servlet>

Adding development=false and checkInterval=30 to the parameter list did
not
change anything.

Am I missing something or is there a limitation to the JSP Compiler with
checking the dependencies? Or is the problem based upon that <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
%>
are not the way to include subviews in JSF?

If you want me to provide more infos, please tell me.

Thanks in advance for enlighten me,
Chris