In server.xml - add a "server" attribute to the Connector element. [WWW] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html

[I just added this to the FAQ]
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Security#Q9

-Tim

Tommy Pham wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to remove the product name and/or version from the server
header and default http errors (without defining my own custom error-page).  I
know it's possible for apache using ServerSignature and ServerTokens, also
possible for glassfish v2 using a jvm option.  I've looked at the
tomcat.apache.org's docs and can't seem to find anything close it.  Would
someone please point me in the right direction?