> From: Brantley Hobbs [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: database application
>
> Cue Charles Caldarale hammering someone for not providing a Tomcat
> version in 3...2...1...

(Sorry I'm late, our marvelous corporate e-mail server didn't let the original
message through.)

Being precise is one of the things they taught us in Engineering at the real
school 70 odd miles west of you... (Can't resist getting a dig in when a
bulldog speaks :-)

> Seriously, Eleonora...You should read here:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

If she's using 5.5, then the config given is sadly out of date and conflicts
with best practice (<Logger> elements, <Context> elements in server.xml, etc.).
 If it's a 5.0 version, then it's not supported, so moving up would be in
order.  What's even worse is the installation directory looks like one used by
3rd-party repackaged Tomcat versions, so getting it to work may be impossible.
Installing a real Tomcat from http://tomcat.apache.org should probably be the
first order of business.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.