Hi Radhakrishna,

--- On Sun, 8/17/08, Radhakrishnavangara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: Radhakrishnavangara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Intgrate Tomcat and PHP in winxp
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Date: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 3:24 PM
> Hi,
>
> Could you please let me know the step by step instructions
> for integrating
> Tomcat with PHP on Win XP. I have tried implementing
> various methodologies
> to integrate the same , but i could not achieve any
> breakthrough on the
> same. Below are some of the links to the articles which i
> have referred.
> Could you please go through the same and clarify me on this
> issue.
>
> http://www.windowscomputer.com/node/3814
> http://www.theasolutions.com/tutorials/tomcatphp.jsp
> http://the-double-0-project.net/blog/?tag=tomcat
> http://209.85.175.104/search?q=cache:szlV41sb9qwJ:uranus.im.chu.edu.tw/~dtchang/phpexplorer/html/download.php%3Ffn%3D..%252F..%252Fpub%252F.%252Fdownload%252Fapache_tomcat%252FRunning%2Bphp%2B5.x%2Bon%2Bwindows%2Busing%2Btomcat%2B4.x%2Bor%2B5.x%2B-%2BSimple%2BThoughts%2B-%2BJava%2Band%2BWeb%2BSoftware.pdf+angusman+tomcat&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=in
> http://www.duminy.fr/blog/?p=22&language=en
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Radhakrishna
> --
> Nabble.com.

IMO if you want to use PHP with Tomcat, it's best you read the documentation
for both products and their technology as it will help you secure the
server/platform and troubleshoot any problems that may arise including
application crashes and security breaches.
For PHP5: http://www.php.net/manual/en/
For Tomcat6: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/index.html
For Tomcat5.5: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/index.html

You can just go through the installation steps w/o doing the actual
installation to see what you have available.  Though I haven't tried this
method, I think you can run PHP as CGI in Tomcat.  You'll just have to edit the
web.xml in $CATALINA_HOME/conf folder and follow PHP's instruction of
installing as CGI.

The method I prefer and have tested to work (in Unix environment although on
Windows should be similar) is running Apache HTTPD server with PHP as a mod and
use the connector to connect to Tomcat.  If this method is used, it's easier to
implement other technologies later such Perl, Python and Mono (for .Net) inside
Apache HTTPD as mod-*.

But you may want to evaluate your needs and goals before choosing ;)

Regards,
Tommy