tough to follow without seeing the code
can you start with a simple example as described in
http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/tags/11/syntaxref11.fm14.html
<jsp:useBean id="cart" scope="session" class="session.Carts" />

The value of beanName is either a package and class name or
an Expression that evaluates to a package and
class name, and is passed to
Beans.instantiate.
The value of
type can be the same as beanName, a superclass of
beanName, or an interface implemented by beanName. useful when your class
implements many interfaces and you will
be using only one interface

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.