> From: Eric Berry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 5.5. META-INF/context.xml ignored when
> deploying as war.

(Just expanding a little on what Mark gave you.)

> Why recommend the use of the context.xml if it really isn't used?

It is used - Tomcat copied the context.xml file from your webapp's META-INF
directory to conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml during expansion of the .war
file.  Your particular <Context> element has no useful content, however.

> I always had the impression the name of file was used
> as a default case when a more specific context.xml
> wasn't present.

No, the path attribute is used only when the <Context> element is in
server.xml, which is strongly discouraged.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.