Last time I mailed the list, I was inquiring about implementing a custom
connector or something along those lines to support a binary protocol along
with HTTP. This approach proved flawed for various reasons, if not virtually
impossible to do with the connector, processor, handler architecture etc..

So the approach I was wanting to try next was to amend our in-house protocol
slightly and include initial HTTP headers so as to make use of the standard
Http11Processor etc and then continue (after initial servlet mapping) with the
current binary protocol. My question is, is this possible using say a POST....
to then continue comms on the input and output streams using binary?

I have tried to implement this approach but any read I do from the input stream
after the request is forwarded to the servlet service method, throws an
EOFException, which I haven't quite figured out. I wrote a simple socket client
that writes the POST, a host header, and a blank line, I then write 2 int's and
a String, but I am unable to read the ints and the String from the input stream
in the service method without encountering the EOFException.

Does anybody know what might cause this? I can't quite isolate any code within
Tomcat that might be causing this issue.

- Darryl