hello There,
I implemented aide monitoring on tomcat (and the webapps) yesterday and today faced a very strange problem. tomcat-users.xml seems the same file (it contents) but aide reports MD5 and SHA different checksums. is it possible that on restart apache tomcat to change (or recreate) tomcat-users.xml. It was restarted automatically in the morning. If YES ... some ideas how to prevent this behavior (I think about to make tomcat-users.xml to be owned by root).

--
Best regards,

Nikolay Diulgerov
Network Administrator