> From: Michael Dehmlow [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: JVM per Context
>
> I have multiple contexts that are defined for a given host in
> my server.xml

Placing <Context> elements in server.xml is strongly discouraged for any
current version of Tomcat; however, you didn't bother to tell us what version
of Tomcat you're using, so that may or may not be applicable.

> each context I would like to start up in its own jvm, for dll and
> enviornment variable reasons.

Each Tomcat runs in its own JVM, so you'll need separate installations for each
webapp.  Look in the RUNNING.txt file for instructions.

> I've read documentation for tomcat 3.4 that details the use of ajp for
> communication to achieve this but can't find anything about jvms docs.

Since there never has been nor ever will be a Tomcat 3.4, what you were looking
at is rather suspect.

You will need some sort of front end to route the requests to the different
Tomcat instances, which could be httpd or some other forwarding mechanism.
Consult the Tomcat connector documentation for whatever level you're using to
figure out how to use mod_jk or mod_proxy.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.