> From: Brendan Martens [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: html entities and urls with spaces
>
> Hmmm, not sure this is the issue, both filesystems can read and write
> files with spaces.

It's certainly not the issue - spaces in file names work fine on my Windows box
with Tomcat.

> I really need to figure out a way to not rename all the files...

Your original message indicated you might be front-ending Tomcat with httpd;
what happens if you send the URL with the %20 encoding direct to Tomcat?  I
have no trouble doing so on my systems (but I don't have a Linux box available
at the moment).

Try turning on Tomcat's RequestDumperValve in server.xml; perhaps your front
end is decoding the URL, so all Tomcat sees is the part up to the first space.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.