> From: krisrks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Deploying a Java Web Application on / folder
>
> I am trying to deploy a java Web application on Tomcat Server.

Should we guess which version of Tomcat you're using, or would you deign to
tell us?

> <Host name="anotherheadsets.com"
> appBase="/home/anotherheadsets/public_html"
> unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>             xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>          <Alias>www.anotherheadsets.com</Alias>
>          <Context path="" reloadable="true"
> docBase="/home/anotherheadsets/public_html" />
>          <Context path="/manager"
> docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/users/anotherheadsets/tomcat/webapp
> s/manager"
>                   privileged="true" antiResourceLocking="false"
> antiJARLocking="false" reloadable="true" />
>       </Host>

You have one basic error: the appBase and docBase settings for a webapp must
*never* be the same; erratic behavior is guaranteed.

If you're using any reasonably recent version of Tomcat, you should not be
putting <Context> elements in server.xml - really bad practice.

As previously stated in this thread, the default webapp should be named ROOT,
placed under the appBase directory specified in the <Host> element (if you're
running on Tomcat 5.0 or above).  For your situation, no <Context> element is
needed for your webapp.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.