1. Don't ever modify the CLASSPATH.  Tomcat by default ignore's it and
for good reason.

2. Your webapp's WEB-INF/lib and tomcat's common/lib are essentially
mutually exclusive when it comes to jar files.  If the .jar file exists
in one, it can't exist in the other.  If you have jt400.jar in both,
remove it from one.  If you are using it for a tomcat provided database
pool, it should be removed from your webapp's WEB-INF/lib.  Otherwise
it's up to you which one is dropped.

> WE have compiled a mod_jk tha apache accepts and we can server up *.jsp's
> from our website but don;t have issues until we add the jt400.jar file?
> WE have tried multiple versions of the jt400.jar file with no luck...

I doubt mod_jk has anything to do with getting your IBM AS400 ODBC
connections to work.  BTW, I hope you meant JDBC.  ODBC is a MS technology.

--David