This is an existing applet, so I'm stuck with it until I rewrite the whole
thing.

No security problems.  Not sure why.  And unfortunately there's not
automatic pull for anything other than images or music.

After I posted, I figured out about the pulling it from the server.  I was
jus' wondering if there was a better way.