Hi all,
I'm honestly not positive that what I want to do is a good idea but the basic concept is that I want to dynamically add a Resource (a JNDI JDBC DataSource) to a Context. The idea is that I will be dynamically creating databases for new users and want to have a database connection pool for each user.

I've been able to simply hand modify ${catalina.home}/conf/Catalina/localhost/contextname.xml and seen that I can now access the new DataSource. What I'm looking for is a programmatic way to do the same thing, short of parsing and rewriting the XML myself. I've dug though the MBean classes and am honestly a bit confused.

Is there something that I'm missing? This is Tomcat 6.0.18 under Linux and/or Windows.

Thanks for any help.