Hi Mark,
We also found sometimes the Request.getparameter("parm") statement was
return null,
wondering if it's connected to the SocketTimoutException error, So we made a
mirror
changes on org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.java trying to track what
the Actual
Length was each time when tomcat read the post body part, it's weird because
we found
the Actual Length was either equal to the content-length or zero (whole body
part was
missing), would it get back to normal if we disable the keep-alive ?

Following is the changes I made on Request.java for your reference:

  protected void parseParameters() {

    :      :       :      :
    :      :       :      :

                if (actualLen == len) {
                    parameters.processParameters(formData, 0, len);
                }
                else { // added by me
                    context.getLogger().error("formData Len error len :" +
len + " <> actualLen :" + actualLen);
                }
            } catch (Throwable t) {
                context.getLogger().warn
                    (sm.getString("coyoteRequest.parseParameters"), t);
            }
        }

    }

Following was the Tomcat log :

SEVERE: formData Len error len :32 <> actualLen :0
SEVERE: formData Len error len :379 <> actualLen :0
SEVERE: formData Len error len :32 <> actualLen :0
SEVERE: formData Len error len :41 <> actualLen :0
SEVERE: formData Len error len :60 <> actualLen :0
SEVERE: formData Len error len :74 <> actualLen :0
SEVERE: formData Len error len :145 <> actualLen :0
SEVERE: formData Len error len :60 <> actualLen :0

Thanks & Best Regards.
James Wang