Hi,
I had written some code to dynamically add a servlet to a context in a
deployed applicaiton in Tomcat 4.1. This code basically uses the catalina
loader to obtain the server->engine->host->and context, and invokes the
addChild method after configuring a StandardWwrapper to represent the
servlet I am adding. This all works fine in Tomcat4.1 and I am able to
access the servlet through the right url immediately, without having to
restart Tomcat.
However, I tried the same code in Tomcat 5.5 and it does not work. It does
not throw any errors, but simply does not recognize the url pattern once i
actually try to invoke the new servlet. I was wondering if anyone had
tried this before, and if so if they have any suggestions as to why this
does not work in Tomcat 5.5?
More generally I am looking for a way to dynamically add a servlet
definition in Tomcat 5.5. This can be done by editing the web.xml in case
the application is deployed unpacked..however if the application is packed
as a WAR, then I cannot edit the web.xml on the fly and wait for the
watched resource mechanism to take effect.

Thanks

Ram