if you're implementing with xml you *may* want to consider result-set data
format which utilises less bandwidth such as json..start here
http://gwt-rest.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/README

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.