----- Original Message ----- From: "Rusty Wright" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Markus Lord" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 11:31 PM
Subject: Re: tomcat ROOT

Hi Markus, did you ever figure this out? I was looking in the archives of the tomcat mailing list and saw your query but it didn't seem to me that anyone answered it fully, at least not for me.

I figured out that I could remove/rename the webapps/ROOT directory and deploy my war file as ROOT.war and then it would replace tomcat's web page at http://www.myhost.edu/ but I also have apache in front of tomcat and I don't understand how to set up the jkmount in my httpd.conf file to map apache's root to tomcat's root.

Yes renaming a webapp to ROOT with a empty context path, makes it run as the root...

Then...

JkMount /  worker1

Should make apache send it to your tomcat root

The only real POJO Application Server.