Hi all,

I am using Tomcat 6, and I have the following problem:

I am trying to separate the static content from the dynamic content of my
application. In production, I intend to use Apache to serve the static
content, and Tomcat to process requests to the application (mainly JSP's).
This can be accomplished by writing a deployment script that will copy
everything to its repsective place.

My problem, however, is with the development environment:

The static-content (css,js,images,html) is in one SVN project, and the
dynamic (JSP,WEB-INF,classes) is in another. Thus, on my local workspace,
they are on separate paths (e.g. c:\workspace\static and
c:\workspace\webapp). Now, I need some way to have Tomcat serve them as a
single context.

I thought I'd create two <context> elements in my server.xml file, but they
will need to have the same PATH, like this:

<Context docBase="workspace\static" path="/myapp"/>
<Context docBase="workspace\webapp" path="/myapp"/>

Unfortunately, it is illegal to have two CONTEXT elements with the same PATH
value.