Thank you Chuck,
 What I understand know is that, you can only retrieve primitive values.
In the same way, I was trying to retrieve a "org.apache.catalina.Context"
from the MBean
"Catalina:J2EEApplication=none,J2EEServer=none,j2eeType=WebModule,name=//localhost/"
using the JMX operation operation "findMappingObject" and I get the
following error

Caused by: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling return; nested
exception is:
java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jmx.remote.internal.PRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl_Stub.invoke(Unknown Source)
at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector$RemoteMBeanServerConnection.invoke(Unknown
Source)

My suggestion:
 - If you want to expose a JMX object all of their attributes or operations
have to be serializable.
 - Provide a different set of interface for Remote JMX connection and local
JMX connection.
 - Add to the documentation a list of objects that can be retrieved

Regards,
Emmanuel