Hi,

I've installed an Ubuntu Server 8.10 with the Tomcat6 package. When I start it this msg appears on the Catalina log:

WARNING: User database is not persistable - no write permissions on directory

Do you know why? Anyway the Tomcat starts OK, but when I deploy an application (JasperServer 3.0) it doesn't start with more permissions errors on the log:

Catalina log
Nov 7, 2008 2:48:10 PM org.apache.catalina.core.NamingContextListener addResource WARNING: Failed to register in JMX: javax.naming.NamingException: Could not create resource factory instance [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory]
Nov 7, 2008 2:48:13 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Nov 7, 2008 2:48:13 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/jasperserver] startup failed due to previous errors

Localhost log

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.util.Log4jConfigListener java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission jasperserver.root read)
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Error registering bean with name 'fileVirtualizerFactory' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Could not resolve placeholder 'java.io.tmpdir'
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.tonbeller.tbutils.res.ResourcesFactoryContextListener
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission tbeller.InitialResourceProvider read)
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.util.SecurityContextHolderStrategyInitializer
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
SEVERE: Exception sending context destroyed event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.util.Log4jConfigListener java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission * read,write)

I tried to chown all tomcat6 directory to the tomcat6 user, and make a 777 pemission folder, but no result :(

Any suggestion?

Thx!

--
Dimas Streich i Colomeda