jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4-6

I don't have a copy of the changed file. Here is the original, passwords
removed. As soon as we see this again I'll post the changed one.

permission on the original file are 0600. owner is apache, group is an
internal name.

Thanks,
Joe

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > From: Joe Bolin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: tomcat-users.xml file becomes unusable
> >
> > We are seeing a sporadic issue where the tomcat-users.xml
> > file changes in some way. The "file" command repots the type
> > as 'data' rather than XML.
>
> What version of Tomcat are you using?
>
> What are the contents of the changed file?  Can you post it here (obfuscate
> the passwords, of course)?
>
> Tomcat does rewrite the tomcat-users.xml file during startup, unless you
> specify the readonly="true" attribute for the UserDatabase <Resource>.
>  However, I've never known it to rewrite it with anything but correct XML.
>
>  - Chuck

> attachments from all computers.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
  <role rolename="standard"/>
  <role rolename="manager"/>
  <role rolename="admin"/>
  <user username="mon" password="" roles="manager"/>
  <user username="tomcat" password="" roles="tomcat"/>
</tomcat-users>