Chuck
We tried using the jprobe to profile the application.Now we are trying out
lighter profiler as the jprobe was a heavy one.
But found nothing suspicious.

java version "1.5.0_16"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_16-b02)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_16-b02, mixed mode)