On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 10:24 PM, André Warnier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> jim ma wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 6:48 PM, André Warnier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>  Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:

>>> look at something like this :
>>>
>>> http://www.tuckey.org/urlrewrite/
>>>
>>> It does many more things, but I guess it can rewrite "/foo" into "/foo/"
>>> internally too.
>>>

>>  I  just debugged the code. It returns http status code 302 and redirected
>> location  http://localhost:8080/foo/ before reach the code related to url
>> rewrite configuration in web.xml .
>>
>>  Yes, that's true of course. Stupid me.
> Urlrewrite is a servlet filter, so it will not see the request before it
> has been directed to the webapp, and thus the redirect will happen before.
> Duh.
> I guess you would need some kind of re-directing Valve for that.

I also try to add a rewrite Valve to StandardEngine. And it is also does not
work . Before reach that Valve, tomcat already replied that
redirect response.

> Now, about what Mikolaj wrote before (using the /foo/ URL) I think you
> misunderstand what he is saying.
> What he meant is probably this :
> You seem to be using a http client that is not a browser, but some kind of
> program or module.  Can you not make sure that this program or module does
> not send URLs like "/foo", but itself transforms them into "/foo/" at the
> source ?

Yes , I can do that . If I get 302 response and write some code to resend
quest to the redirected location, then I can always get what I want . It is
not efficient , you know.  It needs to talk to tomcat server twice . Is
there shortcut way to do that ?