Hi Filip

1. We are using tribes from 6.0.18, we have a unique situation we are on
5.5.25, however we are starting tribes ourselves.  See my startup code
below.
2. It should be valid 239.176.50.121 is a valid Class D IPv4 address
(224.0.0.0 - 239.255.255.255)
3. No Windows XP 64 bit.

Tribes startup code:

    public synchronized void startup()
    {
        if(_tribesChannel == null)
        { // nothing to do if already running
            try
            {
                _tribesChannel = new GroupChannel();
                // must be done before start:
                MembershipService mService =
_tribesChannel.getMembershipService();
                McastService mCastService = (McastService)mService;
                mCastService.setPort(_mainPort);
                mCastService.setAddress(_multicastIPAddr);
                mCastService.setRecoveryCounter(10);
                    // 10 Seconds instead of 3 seconds?
                mCastService.setDropTime(10*1000);
                    if(_desiredLocalIPAddr != null)
                    {
                            mCastService.setBind(_desiredLocalIPAddr);
                    }
                if(_ancillaryPort > 0)
                {
                    ChannelReceiver receiver =
_tribesChannel.getChannelReceiver();
                    if(receiver.getPort() != _ancillaryPort)
                    {
                        if(receiver instanceof ReceiverBase)
                        {

((ReceiverBase)receiver).setPort(_ancillaryPort);
                        }
                    }
                }
                    _tribesChannel.addInterceptor(new
TcpFailureDetector());

_tribesChannel.addMembershipListener(_tribesMembershipListener);

_tribesChannel.addChannelListener(_tribesChannelListener);
                _tribesChannel.start(CHANNEL_COMPONENTS);
                    addToTopology();
            }
            catch(ChannelException ex)
            {
                try { _tribesChannel.stop(CHANNEL_COMPONENTS); }
catch(Throwable t) { /*gulp*/}
                _tribesChannel = null;
                throw new RuntimeException(ex); // todo, exception
handling?
            }
        }
    }